March 13, 2011

Front Hall Progress (Painting Marathon)

Well the front hall is coming along... slowly.  We had to sand the walls because they are sponge-painted and I'm sure that you'll be able to see the texture through the paint if we just paint over it.  I want it gone for good, so we have to put the extra work in now.  Plus its a great workout for my arms... just have to keep telling myself that... I'll be able to arm wrestle Madonna when I'm done.  Look out!  Soon I'll be buff like this...

 
Anywhoo... Here's a little teaser of what the hallway looked like before.  You can see the pattern a little in the photo below and the green doors, but it is so much worse in person (this may be after one coat of primer... I think I forgot to take a true "before" shot... bad blogger, I know). 
Yikes!  Am I right?  Looks like green threw up all over the hallway.  Did you notice the lovely lace curtain that completely blocks off the only natural light into that hallway?  ... oh and in the closet...

Yup, that's a wallpaper boarder.  You thought it couldn't get worse, and then it did.
So here's what it looks like after 3... that's right THREE coats of primer and TWO coats of paint (That's FIVE coats total in case you weren't counting)... drum roll please...

Let me just say that after we painted the top half of the wall... I hated it!  HATED IT.  And maybe I cried... just a little after all that painting.  But hubby said, "Just wait... give it some time... it will look different when its all done" and man he was right!  Love that man.  With the doors painted white especially.  Wow.  It looks so good.  Now we're planning the trim, which you can see lined up in the floor.  Also, I have a plan for a new light fixture project to make a chandelier for less than $20, and I can't wait to show you the mirror I am coveting for that big long wall.  Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I really like that color! I wouldn't be brave enough to pick it because is seems dark but it looks great with all the white!