March 24, 2011

Ta-da! The Light

I've been dying to show this off since completion... the new front hall light!  In case you missed the suspense, I originally posted about this project last week, but didn't have a chance to install the light until the weekend.  Here it is...


Amazing!  I love the way it looks. 
I also picked up these cute shades for $1.99 also at Value Village (where I got the light) which just clip on to the light bulbs. 
With them on the light looks like this
I think they look like little hats... so adorable!  I'm not sure if I like it better with/without them... what do you think?

Just for fun... let's see the before...

and the after...

(giddy laughter) I could not be more proud.  And for only $4 (plus spray paint).  Love it.

Linking Up
HookingupwithHoH

beforeAndAfterButton

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Looks great! Amazing what some spray paint can do :) I am leaning towards it with the shades but it looks good both ways.

Jennifer said...

I love what spray paint can do to anything! Looks great! Visiting from Hookin Up with Hepworths!
jen

DIYbyDesign said...

Don't you just love the power of paint. Looks great. I am your latest follower. I would love for you to come and check out my blog and follow me back at www.diybydesign.blogspot.com. Thanks so much.

Rae Ann said...

Beautiful! I do love the tiny little lampshades!