March 7, 2011

Family Room Reveal

I am so excited to show off our new family room!  For reference (and because I love this part), let's look at it before...

Yuck!  I know.  And yes, I did peel all that wallpaper off by hand.  You can read about my tips here.
And now after...
Love the way the faux built-ins turned out!  They are just standard Ikea shelving units.  I have a plan for that remaining open space, but its a secret for now...
I love it!  We split the sectional, which was formerly a U-shape in our old house, in order to give us the matching "chair" and so that it wouldn't block the lovely brick fireplace.

It's such a relief to have it finished (well almost... that pesky coffee table needs painting still).  I can't even express how amazing it feels.  Hubby and I have been enjoying the room a lot!  I can't wait to have a fire in that fireplace... it's wood burning!  Now we can finally have people over without having to appologize for the "reno" mess and lack of seating.  Look at all that seating!  We can fit 8 people on that couch comfortably.  Time to start planning some parties.  I plan to enjoy it for at least a few days hours before pestering hubby to start the next room.  Just for fun, here are some more pictures of the new room... yay!  Love it!
and yes, Teddy makes another appearance...
Did you notice the shelving in the back right corner?  We fit it perfectly between the wall and the "bump-out" for the duct work.  Looks custom and built in, but was just a happy accident!  I love it when that happens!  Hope your Monday is filled with happy accidents!

7 comments:

Meredith said...

Beautiful redo! I love happy coincidences!
Your room looks like a whole new space. How refreshing!
Meredith @ Welcome to Heardmont

the cape on the corner said...

i am loving your "new" space! those faux builtins are great, i'd love to have a look like that with ours. maybe some chunky molding on top or open the backs.

Jen@BigBrownChair said...

Your home updates are great! I am in that process too. Every room needs help over here. Great job.

Sindy said...

The room looks so stylish and fantastic--what a great job you have done!
Sindy

Ashley said...

Awesome! I love, love, love the bookcases. Will you do anything with the fireplace?

Jenny said...

LOVE IT!! Just started following because this is amazing. keep up the good work- looking forward to future projects :)

Kylie said...

Wow! It looks amazing. You must love it every time you walk into it now.

Such a difference! I love our new lounge which is similar to yours as well.