March 31, 2011

Front Hall Reveal

Finally the moment you've all been waiting for... the front hall revealed!  Remember what it looked like before?

That's a LOT of green! 
After we planned and installed molding and painted the walls you saw the HUGE improvement, but after the light was installed, the mirror was hung and the new mirrored closet doors were up the room looked so much more modern and bright.

I appologize for the night pictures, especially since the increased brightness during the day is so wonderful!  But we do what we have to do... after all that planning the room is finally done, and I couldn't wait a second longer to share it with you!!

In an effort to keep things organized we have a cute little dish for keys and a tray for mail.
Also, I love this picture that I bought at an art fair, its actually made with embroidary thread!  It has an amazing shimmer up close... photos don't do it justice.
I also bought that cute basket under the table for collection of odds and ends that seem to always accumulate in the front hallway.  That way we can keep it off the floor and off the table.  Messy tables drive me insane!  I orginally had the cute basket that I found on a trip to Value Village that I told you about before, but I thought it was too small, this one works much better and I found it at Winners for only $12.

So there it is!  Our new front hallway.  I think that visitors will feel much more welcomed and I know that I am proud to answer the door and invite people in.  So come on in and stay awhile... if you missed any of the adventures along the way check out how the front hall went from before to after.

Linking up!beforeAndAfterButton

HookingupwithHoH

15 comments:

Jenny said...

GORGEOUS!! wonderful job :D I would definitely be proud to invite people over!

Samantha said...

Hey! I'm here from TDC and this makeover it UH-MAZE-ING!! What a great job, I can't believe the before shots! That blue is stunning and I love the slate-colored tiles. Now I'm off the check out the rest of your blog!

Rachel said...

LOVE this hallway! So elegant and refined...

Mostly Food and Crafts said...

I love the color - it looks great!

Danielle

Unknown said...

love this redo!! Can you come do my house?! :)

Cheri said...

This photo stopped me in my tracks. Wow!! New follower, btw.

Miss Charming said...

It looks wonderful! The colors are similiar to what I have in my home. Love it!

Cindy @ Cinsarah said...

WOW! what a transformation!! Looks very very lovely!
Great Job! :)

cinsarah.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Amazing! Come do mine! :)

Kylie said...

Fantastic! It makes such a difference to the space. Even though they are night pictures you can definitely tell there is more light in the area.

It would feel so much bigger. I love the little dishes too. I saw that in a movie recently and want to copy it! lol. :)

Alexandrea said...

I can picture it...It's Friday, you come in the entry from a long day's work, you plop your keys and mail in the cute dishes, take a moment to marvel at that SPLENDID color on the walls, then sashay into the bedroom and change into a fabulous gown for a night out. When you're ready, you enter the hall once again, check your lipstick in that beautiful grandiose mirror, marvel at the paint once again and exit through the door. No wait....forgot something....come back in, take another look....ah, yep it looks PERFECT!! :D

Susan said...

That blue is so yummy! I love the molding and everything you did. You should be really proud of what you've done!

Dragonfliez Made said...

Wow that is a fabulous makeover.
Visiting from Debbie's Newbie party!

Following also.

Reunion Committee said...

WOW. that looks awseome. LOVE the color and the accents.
Im a new follower :)
Tana

Allison Nicole said...

WOW!! You did an awesome job! LOVE the color! I'm over from Debbie's latest party & am now your latest follower! Would love for you to come by my blog for a visit & maybe follow me back! I also have a giveaway going on! Allison @ leomommyof4.blogspot.com :)