March 4, 2011

Family Room Preview

It has been rough going living in the new house without any finished areas to just relax in.  I feel like when we first move to a new house it feels like you're living in someone else's house until you get enough of "you" in it to make it feel like yours.  This room will be a huge step towards making it our own and I know it will be a huge relief when this room is done. 

I am so excited to show you the progress so far!  We are getting really close.   For now, I wanted to show a quick preview of the room "almost" done.  Yes, Teddy snuck into the picture... isn't he a cutie?
Amazing I know!  I'm so happy with how to bookcases came out.  Don't they look fab?  Just in case you forgot... here is the "before"

I am so happy, I could pee.  Please ignore the glowing yellow pine table... this is a hand-me-down that I think will work in the space because it's nice and long, but I have to paint it... I'm thinking RED (shocker!) but I'll have to work up some courage before I tackle that paint job.  More photos this weekend... I can't wait!

2 comments:

H. Roberts said...

The bookshelves are so nice looking. Do you remember which style they were? I'm thinking about doing something similar in our den. Thank you!!

Joy said...

The bookshelves are Billy from Ikea. The gray ones are older, I'm not sure if they carry that colour any more. The black-brown ones for the DVDs are newer and they are a bit slimmer than the bookcases. Hope that helps!